October 31, 2016

Halloween Dining Room Tour


Happy Halloween!
Come on in to tour my dining room decorated just for you!

We'll start the tour with my French boy statue who stands 
between the living room and dining room usually. 

Sometimes he gets decorated himself. Right now 
he is a snake handler. 
With the French boy are bugs "en cloche" and a glassed-in dried flower arrangement I found
at a thrift store. I thought it looked like something in an old botanist lab. 

Here is the dining room table with some mildly spooky (but
not gory or evil) concotions and specimens.

A vine and a skeleton have found their way into the chandy.

All kinds of critters have decided to decorate 
the normally sedate white urn for Halloween.

A tiny dot of hot glue holds the painted black critters in place for now. 

No chance of us running out of snake bite antidote, spider
venom, love potion, squid ink or witch hazel this year. 






On the back side of the table are more specimens and potions.



While most of the items on the table were concocted at 
home, most of the items in the glassed-in hutch were purchased.

I'm going to open the doors so you can see inside.
The glare on the glass in photos can make it hard to see.




If you will kindly turn back towards the snake-handler
you will see another Halloween bottle display on the buffet.

These bottles held different kinds of libations in their former
life but now they have been spray painted flat black.

New (but old-looking) labels adorn these elegant bottles.



If you would like to see how all of the bottles and
jars were made for the displays, please visit my

Thanks for your Halloween visit! 


4 comments

  1. Happy Halloween, Gayle! I always love how you decorate your home for holidays and this one is no exception! I love your display of concoctions and specimens! They are so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle!!! It is so nice to see a post from you. I have been away from blogging for almost a year so am just now catching up on some of the blogs I have missed. I love your bottles and decorations. You always do such a nice job. Hope you are having a good week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful holiday decor! I love those potions, how cool. Congratulations on being featured this week at Dishing It & Digging It! Thank you for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My studies hit a dead end, so I decided to find out more about some writing services thanks to this site. Thanks for your honesty and attention to detail, guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.